27.1.08

Another One of Those Crossroads

When do you decide to quit on each other, on a job, or on a project?

When do you realize that it's time for you to put an end to a relationship, a break to a contract, and move on?

How do you know that you're ready to let go and start anew? How do you know that this is not another mistake?

I used to think that there aren't any mistakes in life. Just harsh lessons.

Then again, how can I be so sure that I'm learning anything at all? Or not?

What if this "starting-all-over-again" turns out as uncomfortable as it is now? Is it worth the effort to readjust again? Is it worth the effort to move on?

***

The only constant thing in this realm is constant change.
Nothing is definite. Nothing remains.

And we are bound to change.
Move in and out of things: places, jobs, positions, labels (child, mother, grandmother, حبيبتي, etc), years, relationships.

These are the "Inevitable Rules Life".

This doesn't change how much I love you. Doesn’t do justice to the rest of the submerged iceberg of guilt and grief to reach the end of this phase, and tell you that I have to go again.

I do. Have to. Go again.

And I will not look back.

Somewhere along the way, I may regret leaving.
I may want to come back.
I may back down on my decision.

But one sure thing is that, when I leave, I'm not going to regret staying.

I'm not going to regret Inevitably Living.
Or trying to.

One Hundred Books in A Year: 17 Lessons Learned

Pexel 1.      Readers will read. Regardless to format or income or legality.   2.      Something to remember: The Prophet was illit...