12.2.09

Her Birthday

"..All that I am, my mother made me.." – John Quincy Adams
It's my mother's 51st birthday today.

More than grateful to my grandmother for giving birth to her,

More than grateful that my relationship with her has finally patched up after nearly two decades of cross-generational misunderstandings,

More than grateful that my mother has been my guiding light, my sources of strength and generosity, my reason to exist,

I'm grateful that the Lord's Benevolence has given both of us the time to enjoy each other's presence in this life, and the hopeful courage in facing the after.

I wish for nothing more than for my mother's wellness.

Selamat Ulang Tahun, Ibu.

Love,
Your Truant Firstborn

One Hundred Books in A Year: 17 Lessons Learned

Pexel 1.      Readers will read. Regardless to format or income or legality.   2.      Something to remember: The Prophet was illit...