6.11.12

Writing Marathon

Some of my friends are doing the Nanowrimo this year.

I’m in denial to all the Nanowrimo years that I didn’t win due to excessive lying and build up of excuses. But the one time that I did manage to write fifty-thousand incoherent words in a month (and barely survived) got my bald head on the lifestyle page of Jakarta Post.

It is possible that I might be enrolled again this year. Though with possibly forty-one thousand words left to pick, I’d rather save the possible embarrassment from losing by claiming it “a tentative project” until I reach the thirty-nine-thousand-and-nine-hundred-and-ninety-ninth word. IF I were doing it at all.

I’m not a sore loser. I’m just neurotically competitive. There is a difference!

One Hundred Books in A Year: 17 Lessons Learned

Pexel 1.      Readers will read. Regardless to format or income or legality.   2.      Something to remember: The Prophet was illit...